Friday, July 15, 2011

Why Plan B?

Just thought I'd back up a little bit to explain the title of my blog.  Plan B for my family has meant something very different than most people would think of...in fact it's not really a plan at all.  If you know me personally, then you know that I am all about planning.  In college I even had a calendar/planner that was broken down into 15 minute time slots.  I organize and re-organize everything in my life way more than is normal or healthy, but that's just me.

If you read my first post, then you know that there is one thing that didn't quite go as I had "planned" and that is my kids.  Sometimes I find that my natural tendencies and personality are at conflict with my faith.  You see, I want to control my life.  I want to know what's coming, be prepared for it, know how it will work out, write down every detail of my strategy, and even put a few cute touches on it (it being life).  One little problem: to be a true Christian, I can't be in control.  Being a Christian means giving it up, letting God take the wheel and being open to the results of that choice.  That's what Pat and I have done when it comes to having babies.  And God decided that a 2 year old and twin 9 months olds is His plan for us. 

It's not easy.  Heck, it's really really hard a lot of the time.  I feel like I am constantly rocking a baby or doing laundry or doing dishes or rocking a baby...wait, did I already say that?  BUT it is exactly what God has planned for us and his "Plan B" is just what I want.  Even if it wasn't my plan at all.

I know that this post is heavy on my beliefs, and some of my posts will be.  But I want this blog to be about my life...ALL of it.  So some posts will be about how we survive our daily life (practical stuff, like feeding schedules), some will be funny stories of my girls, and some will be a little deeper.  Hang on and enjoy the ride!

Question of the day: Who's in control?

1 comment:

  1. It's definitely not me. I, too, have had to learn to let God be in control and submit to His plan. And His plan is always perfect.

    ReplyDelete