Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to our crazy life!  So here's the deal: I am married to an amazing man who I've been with for 8 years.  I've attended Mass with him for most of those 8 years and 3 years ago I converted to Catholicism.  Stay with me now...I'm going somewhere with this.  At one of our RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) classes we heard a talk about why the Catholic church promotes natural family planning.  This talk really spoke to me, so we stopped using birth control and started trying our best to track fertility and use natural family planning. Welllll, about that... about 2 months after going off birth control I was surprise to learn that I was pregnant with my sweet Georgia. 

Georgia just turned 2 in May and she is a spit-fire and my "mini-me" for sure.  She keeps us laughing and running most of the time.

When Georgia was about 8 months old, I was again surprised to learn that I was pregnant.  Obviously, we aren't very good at this whole natural family planning thing.  About 5 weeks into the pregnancy, I started spotting.  So I went in to the OB to have an ultrasound.  As he showed us a heartbeat, I told my husband, Pat, "See, we're not dreaming.  I really am pregnant."  The doctor then responded with, "Well, you might think you are dreaming because..." (moving the ultrasound probe) "here's the other heartbeat".  At a moment like that you either laugh or cry...we chose and continue to choose to laugh.  Hence my blog title, "Plan B".  We never planned on having children with the timing that we did, but having our twins 16 months after Georgia is the best thing that every happened to us.  We are head over heals for our twin girls, Mary & Olivia.  They are 9 months old and full of life.

I hope you enjoy looking into our life...because you know you're curious how we haven't totally lost it with a 2 year old and twin 9 months olds!

I'm planning on trying my best to keep this updated pretty frequently and always end with a question for YOU!  So, here's your question:

What's your "laugh or cry" moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment