Saturday, July 23, 2011

Keeping Busy for Cheap!

My last post, I asked you for ideas about free/cheap things to do with little ones in the summer. Well, we have tried to do a few of those things:

Like go to the park. Mary (in back) and Olivia get to enjoy being outside and ride around in their stroller, and the heat alone wears them out so that they sleep well.
Mary says, "hello" to all of Mommy's followers :).

Olivia wants to reach out and touch you too!

Of course, Georgia absolutely loves going to any park. She likes it even better when there is a "paygound", as she calls it, involved. This is one of our family's favorite parks. It is in Duncanville, near where Pat grew up. The name of the park is Kidsville and it has been there since Pat and I were little. I remember going there with my family!

It has a unique design, including:

a "tightrope"



Regular and baby/toddler swings (lots of them!)



A wooden castle-like structure with lots of places to climb, crawl, and explore and a bicycle-sized street system complete with a "bike" wash.




We've also tried to get creative inside the house with having fun.

My mom brought this hat over and it proved to be good entertainment, especially on Mary while she did her "happy dance"!



And who could forget...EATING!

My dad brought us some pork chops not too long ago....you think that Georgia liked them much?


We've also being grilling in the backyard a ton. Pat can cook, while Georgia plays in her baby pool and with the hose and I keep an eye on the twins.

This picture IS summer to me!

My hubby!!! Love him!

Olivia cooling down with some frozen peaches in her mesh feeder.

Dinner on the grill.

"I'm gonna get you, Mama!!!"



Once in a while, I do have to get away...thanks to friends like these I come back sane. We travelled up to Frisco and had a great girls' day at IKEA, In 'n Out Burger, and Sam Moon. Yay for girls' day!!!

Posted by Picasa


Question of the day:  Who do you need to thank for helping you stay sane?

No comments:

Post a Comment