Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer

I love love love having summers off.  I can spend time with my family, get a few things done, and staying in short or sweat pants all day long.  Like any teacher, I need the break by the time June rolls around and I am definitely a better teacher in August after being refreshed.

However, I am finding that the lack of structure that comes with summer is driving me CRAZY!!!  I'm normally pretty good about planning outings way ahead of time to ensure that I have time to get organized for them and make sure we've got the money to go where we want to go.  But summer is another story... lately we have been getting stir crazy and taking off on a whim almost every day.  This would be okay except we keep spending money when we do.  We have had fun going to the zoo and going out to eat, but I know that we have to be smart about our choices.

Today, I am proud of myself.  We went to the park.  It was fun and wore the girls out so much that the twins fell asleep before we even got home and Georgia fell asleep on the couch hours before nap time.  I guess the lesson here is: the best things in life are free.

Question of the day (really need your impute here): What do you do for free to entertain your kids in the hot hot hot summer?

1 comment:

  1. Public library -- sprinkler in yard--painting with chocolate pudding OUTSIDE!!--nature walks in early am or at dusk--sidewalk chalk--living room picnics with microwave s'mores (lots of baby wipes for that one!)--pot and pan band in the kitchen. It will get easier as our babies get older and can stand the heat and drives to go out and do more. Hang in there!! I'm kinda getting ready for school, but dreading the structure we'll need to have happy, healthy kiddos. ;)

    ReplyDelete