Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Surgery, Strep Throat, and Teething...Oh My!

Our crazy life has been even crazier that last few days.  On Friday, Olivia had surgery to remove one of her salivary glands because it had a growth.  It was a day surgery and it went really well.  The only things we have to do for recovery are give her Motrin as needed and wash her mouth out after she eats.  She was a bit fussy and really tired for the first couple of days.  No big deal, right? 

Well, it wouldn't have been...until Saturday morning Mary woke up with a rash over her whole body.  I took her into the doctor and I heard the word that every mother fears....STREP!  With Olivia still recovering from surgery, we decided to separate everyone to avoid spreading the strep.  Mary went with me to my in-laws house since I have had a cold that I didn't want to turn into strep.  Olivia stayed home with Pat and he went to work cleaning everything in sight.  And Georgia went to Grandmama's house for the night.  Still survivable right?

Add to that Olivia fussing almost all night Monday night and waking up with a runny nose Tuesday.  It was back to the doctor for me....this time with all 3 girls in tow.  We got away with news that it was just bad teething for Olivia.

Sometimes I don't know how we make it through days like these, but we do.  And then I get a rare moment to tickle Georgia, or watch Mary do her "happy dance", or listen to Olivia gibber gabber away and it's all worth it again.  In case you are wondering, we are all feeling pretty good now and Olivia's recovery is going very well.

Question of the day: What's your best teething comfort?







No...you're not crazy, there are 4 babies in this picture.  This is from gettting dressed after swimming on the 4th of July.  From top left, clockwise: Georgia, Olivia, Georgia's BFF Addi, Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment